Thursday, February 19, 2009

Bringing Back the Meme ...

Hektik Lyfe from The Silent Podium tagged me with this little meme earlier in the week. The task is to post ten things I love that begin with the letter B. We're free forming the rules on this one, so rather than tagging people - if you'd like to play, leave a comment and I'll assign you a letter. You can link back to me in your answer post. This one has been making the rounds on the web in recent weeks and its fun to see such a wide variety of answers. Try to contain your excitement while I list mine ...

Ten Things I Love That Begin with the Letter "B":

1. Breakfast - in all is glorious forms ... even pumpkin waffles.

2. Bacon - need I say more? Of course not.

3. Blondie - The group ... what can I say, I'm generationally predisposed.

4. Baked Potatoes - and they don't even have to be laden with bbq and cheese, but it doesn't hurt.

5. Brown Bread - of the Irish variety, I'll post a recipe for it next month.

6. Butter - Real Butter. Salted, unsalted, its all good.

7. Brightblack Morning Light - didn't see that one coming, did you? (Some audio here if you're interested.)

8. Baking - obviously.

9. Being a Diva - I know you saw *that* coming.

10. Blogging!

Not to mention blue cheese, bubble baths, boxty and, no doubt, someday ... Botox. If you've got a blog and want to play, shout out in the comments.

So, what's your favorite thing that begins with the letter B? Bodacious Diva wants to know!

11 comments:

The Blonde Duck said...

Can you imagine a bacon-barbecue-cheese baked potato? Droooolll...

Astra Libris said...

Mmmm, I'm with you on brown bread!! YUM!! I loooove brown bread!

HektikLyfe said...

Thanks for playing along! I really like butter too. I actually like "I can't believe it's not butter!" too. Have you tried that? It actually tastes good.

Much better than margarine.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Blonde Duck - oh yes I can! I sort of had that when I was in Alabama last fall, though it had BBQ chicken as well. Scrumptious!

Astra - I know, its so comforting. I haven't made it in ages, but will do so for St. Patrick's Day.

Hektik - no problem, it was fun! I think my father in law stocks the I Can't Believe its Not Butter - so I've had it once or twice at his place. Not bad, but I must admit I prefer real butter or none at all. LOL

Anonymous said...

Just wanted to say that the pumpkin waffles look so good. Just clicked back to the recipe. Woweee!

Anonymous said...

Blueberries (in yogurt for breakfast), buttermilk pancakes, baby powder, bamboo floors, the color blue, best friends, Boston (the band not the city), balloons, Big (a la Sex in the City), and my blankie (to curlup on a cool night)

Deb

Elizabeth said...

Great list! That is a great looking waffle too. Lets see, what B word do I love --- I'll pick -- biggest loser -- I love that show!

oregonphotography said...

Barbecue...hands down! And, I will admit to being a butter hound.

Thom
BBQing Tips From Deep In The Heart Of Oregon

The Diva on a Diet said...

Duo - thanks! The pumpkin waffles were delicious if I do say so myself. :)

Deb - excellent list. Well done! I love that you included your blankie ... I should have thought of that. Nice! :)

Juliet - I should really check that show out. Its so popular and I've never seen it. Must be inspirational, huh?

Thom - welcome and thanks for dropping into the comments! I'm with you on the BBQ - love it! Off to check out your blog. :)

Anonymous said...

Beau, Bogue, Beaches (real ones),Butter, Bacon, Butterflies, Bellini, Brahms, Beethoven, etc. Bittersweet chocolate, Banter (or B.S.) with friends, Bloggers!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Well done, Pixelgal! I agree on all counts! :)