Friday, November 20, 2009

More Thanksgiving Recipes from Woman's Day

We're heading into the home stretch - Thanksgiving is only six days away! If you're anything like me, and judging from the comments this week - you are, that means there's still a ton of work to be done. There's silver to polish, little used wine glasses to wash, extra chairs to be found, and, oh yeah, I suppose people will want to eat something when they show up next Thursday too.

Fortunately, I'm prepared to help. If you're still cobbling together your menu and writing out your shopping lists for the weekend, this post is for you. Seems that someone from Woman's Day took notice of my post on the Make-Ahead Gravy yesterday and the magazine has been kind enough to pass on some links for me to share with you. And not just any old links either, this list is a veritable cornucopia of tasty ideas and tempting recipes that are sure to please! Just take a look ...

5 Great Gravy Recipes - including another version of the Make-Ahead Gravy

8 Unconventional Thanksgiving Side Dishes - including a to-die-for Corn and Leek Pudding recipe

9 Turkey Stuffing Recipes - including a quick and easy crock-pot stuffing that sounds like a keeper

4 Decadent Thanksgiving Desserts - including Mile High Pumpkin Meringue Tart. My sister in law has been making her own version of a pumpkin meringue pie for years now and it is amazing. If you've never had pumpkin meringue, you don't know what you're missing!

10 To-Die-For Thanksgiving Pies - including a rich and delicious Chocolate Chip Pecan Pie

15 Holiday Cranberry Recipes - everything from salads to main courses and desserts, including a simply gorgeous Cranberry Sorbet

5 Pumpkin Puree Recipe Ideas - some unusual ideas for using pumpkin puree, including adding some to hummus, chili, and corn muffins

If you're a visual person, take a look a the whole shebang here: Woman's Day 2009 Thanksgiving Recipes and Ideas ... the pictures are sure to tempt you and that link includes ideas for appetizers, wines, easy clean-up tips and more!

I want to extend my thanks and gratitude to the people at Woman's Day for offering these links. Clearly, there's something here for everyone and you're bound to find a new family favorite tucked away in there somewhere. Thank you, Woman's Day and Happy Cooking, dear readers!

Bon appetit!

11 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

This check list is perfect and timely! Thanks for sharing!

Donna-FFW said...

What a nice selection of recipes. I have used many Womans day recipes and theyve all been terrific!

Unknown said...

What a great list! Oh, how i miss thanksgiving :( must tell hubby he needs to do something special for me instead LOL :)

Lyndsay Wells said...

We've already had Thanksgiving... I wish I could do it all over again!

Deb said...

Thanks for the links - I'm still searching for the perfect new side and dessert so I will add these to my list of possibilities.

nora@ffr said...

m loving the great list!!! thanx a lot!! :)

The Diva on a Diet said...

FLB - thanks! I've got my menu set for this year ... but am happy to have the links here for next year.

Donna - I agree, I've had great success with WD recipes myself. Such a great resource!

HH - well, something pretty and sparkly is sure to take the edge off, no? ;) Happy un-Thanksgiving to you!

Maven- its funny how we go to all the trouble only once or twice a year (if you count Christmas). So many great foods - they should be enjoyed at other times too.

Deb - does your family allow for trying new recipes on Thanksgiving? Mine seems to want their same favorite dishes every year! LOL Happy Cooking and Happy TG to you and yours!

Nora - you're most welcome!

Deb said...

We usually have all the tradition and I'm allowed one new side - some make a repeat appearance and others are a one time wonder. Although I did make a fabulous baked butternut squash with thyme and honey and I don't remember what else and have misplaced the recipe and wanted to repeat it so I'll just have to experiment....

The Duo Dishes said...

The number of Thanksgiving dishes is overwhelming. Sooo much food.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Deb - I think its great to add a new side or dessert, kind of keeps things lively. I only wish I had a second fridge or freezer so I could really go wild! The squash dish sounds magnificent ... and I'm sure you're up for the challenge of recreating it! Happy Cooking and Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours!!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Duo - you're right ... kind of makes me wish I had a second stomach as well! LOL Happy TG to you both!