Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Almost Wordless Wednesday: Dining and Drinking in Brooklyn Edition


Some scenes from our day spent dining and drinking our way through Brooklyn over Memorial Day weekend:

Chorizo and Eggs skillet from El Almacen.

El Almacen's Baja Fish Tacos.

Bacon wrapped, blue cheese stuffed dates at Traif.

Traif's Watermelon Gazpacho amuse bouche ... with a hint of bacon!

Traif's signature Bacon Doughnuts with Dulce de Leche and Coffee Ice Cream

Traif's Spritz Cocktail: a delightful mix of Aperol, Cava, and Blood Orange Juice.

Finally, I cannot recall the name or ingredients of this drink (I didn't have it, my sister in law did) but I know it had some combination of whiskey, smokey tea ... and a bacon dusted rim ... because almost everything at Traif comes with bacon!

Have a delicious day!

17 comments:

Mo Diva said...

i want to go to there...
i want all of the above bacon dishes... adn the egg and chorizo thingy

Same Sweet Girl: Memoir of a Southern Belle said...

YUM!!! Everything looks delicious!!!! :)

Unknown said...

Everything looks so good! I want those fish tacos :)

Lentil Breakdown said...

Lovely pics! (I could do without all the bacon though). : )

Holly said...

WoW! Thats all I got to say!;)

Anonymous said...

Awesome dishes! I especially love the ones with bacon, yum!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Mo - you need to go to there! Its awesome!

SSG - it was delicious, all of it. Thanks!

HH - I need to make some fish tacos at home someday. These were good, but not the best I've ever had.

Lentil B. - LOL!

I'm sure we could all do without the bacon ... but then again ... ;)

Holly - I should probably qualify all of it by saying we shared the dishes. I didn't eat them all by myself! LOL

The Diva on a Diet said...

Oops, I cross-commeted you, 5 Star ... thank you! Me too!

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I would have loved to tour Brooklyn with you. One question, how many Diva drinks did it take to get you to eat a fish taco? hehe!

stephchows said...

and NOW i'm starving :)

Wilma said...

Auntie,
Where is this Brooklyn place, and how can I get my parents to bring me there? If they say no, can I get there by train?

FedexD said...

I work in Williamsburg/Greenpoint - where is all of that good food!? That Chorizo & Egg thing has my mouth watering. :-)

The Diva on a Diet said...

Katherine - LOL! Surprisingly, this is one of the few instances where I break my no-fish rule!

Steph - its the bacon, right? ;)

Wima - you can totally get there by train, but really, your parents should take you. :)

FedExD - Hi D! I didn't know you worked in WillieB. I'll send you a FB message with the info later today, as I'm off to work now. That egg dish was *amazing*!

pixelgal said...

My g.i. system is worried that having read about these delicacies I may actually want to try one. Then what??? Go for it while you're young!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Bacon doughnuts!!

Fresh Local and Best said...

I totally have to try this restaurant! The bacon wrapped, blue cheese stuffed dates are calling my name.

Deb said...

Bacon, bacon bacon! All I can say is yummo!