Friday, October 9, 2009

Off-line Update ...

Life in Divaland has been a crazy ordeal of computer hijinks this past week. Its a long story and I'll not bore you with it now. Suffice it to say that my beloved Toshiba laptop is dead ... and she was only 3 months shy of her 4th birthday. Le sigh. Does anyone ever get more than 4 years out of a computer? I never have.

Funeral arrangements have yet to be made, though I did observe a moment, er make that 3 days, of silence. Woe is me.

In short, I will not be back in business here on the blog until Monday, October 19th. That, too, is a long story and I will tell it to you then. I've missed you all and will look forward to catching up on the 19th.

Happy weekend and happy cooking!

~Diva

10 comments:

Fresh Local and Best said...

Don't worry Diva! There's so much to do around the city, just think of it as time to collect your stories for when you are up and running again!

I've had good success with my Sony Vaio. It's about 8 years old, and you need to use a network card to get wifi on it - really old. I have a new laptop, but mostly because it's more efficient.

Unknown said...

Missed you too diva. Buy an Apple daaaaaaahling, they are just fab!

Tangled Noodle said...

Condolences on the demise of your laptop (I second H. Housewife - I've been quite pleased w/my MacBook).

At least this gives me time to catch up on all that I've missed!

Anonymous said...

Seems to be the season for pc probs, I just came back today too...

AV

Anonymous said...

In a way, I'm relieved. I've been too busy to do much blog hopping so now I can rest assured that I'm not missing anything here in Divaland.

Anonymous said...

I'll be missing you!

gfe--gluten free easily said...

We'll wait patiently. Mine is so slow ... it would probably be better if it died. ;-) I have been lusting after a new one ... fantasizing about doing things instantly instead of getting up and getting a drink while I waited. So, the good news for you is that you will return to us all happy with your new laptop. :-)

Hugs,
Shirley

stephchows said...

my computer at home was built by an ex boyfriend 10 years ago... lol I've replaced so many parts in it!! And now it needs a new video card sigh... so annoying! But amazing it's still going :D

Charmian from Christie said...

See you on the 19th. Absence makes the heart grow fonder -- and all that crap!

Stay sane.

Katherine Roberts Aucoin said...

I'll be looking for your return!