When Jennifer, of Savor the Thyme, and Tangled Noodle announced this year's Eating Your Words Challenge, there was no question of which word I'd want to spell. You know I'm a shameless self-promoter. The only dilemma - the medium.
I briefly considered tangling some noodles of my own to write my name ... but that seemed like a lot of work. I did biscotti last year, and flirted with the idea of making some salted caramels at one point ... but that could prove dangerous. I'd likely devour them all before I even began to spell.
Given the impending holiday, I thought I'd let the Easter Bunny do my work for me. And, no, I won't be eating this word. This festive creation is composed of, wait for it, a mix of Cotton Candy and Watermelon flavored jelly beans. I can't think of a more revolting combination!
Diva family, beware ... I'll be pawning these off on you come Sunday. You've been warned.
If you'd like to play along and Eat Your Words, here are the rules:
1. Write, spell or draw using food and create a blog post about it by Wednesday, March 31st. Previous blog posts where you have written with food will be accepted as well.
2. Blog about your creation, including photos, and add a link back to Savor the Thyme and Tangled Noodle. If you like, feel free to grab this badge and place it in your post!
3. Send an email entitled "Eating Your Words 2010" with the following information to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- your name
- the name of your blog
- the name of your dish or drink
- the link to your blog entry and a photograph of the dish or drink
- entries much be received by midnight on Wednesday, March 31st
You can still participate even if you don't have a blog. Simply email the above information, minus the blog stuff, and your post will be included in the round-up.
4. Appropriate humor is always welcome, but please keep it clean!
A round of up all the entries will be posted on both Tangled Noodle and Savor the Thyme. Oh, and there's a fabulous prize this year, to be awarded by a famous judge! Click here to learn all about it.
I hope you'll join us!