Monday, November 3, 2008

Notes and Notions ...


I'm late to the game in thanking Miss Caught Up for passing her lovely Kreative Blogger Award to me last week ... thank you, Amanda! I'm honored to be among those you've mentioned and return the compliment to you in equal measure!

I'd like to pass my award to the following creative and wonderful bloggers:

The Vintage Kitten - love that name and her blog is really beautiful, a feast for the eyes.

Vickie at Uncommon Artistic Endeavors - for her crafty and delicious blog!

Astra Libris at Food for Laughter - for her wonderful spirit and her yummy posts and photos.

And, Michele at Life, Lightly Salted - because she just rocks and I want to make everything she posts!

There are certainly others I'd like to highlight, if time would allow ... but this Diva is on a tight schedule today, and likely tomorrow too. I will be back with a new recipe late tomorrow but wanted to take the time to thank Amanda today and pass on my award.

In other news, I've decided that those cookie muffins from last week aren't so bad after all. We somehow managed to finish off the batch ... and in the end I'm not sorry I made them. I would make them again, only next time I'll add some nuts, skip the chocolate and allow them to be the muffins that they really are. I think they'd be a wonderful addition to any breakfast or brunch.

Lastly, here are the results of this year's pumpkin carving adventure:



















I deviated from the norm this year and did a different kind of eye ... and the husband carved his into the mask from "Scream" ... he had a little help though ... I drew the face for him. Sssshhh, don't tell!

The roasted seeds are delicious and we have so many of them we might be eating them until next year!

I'm off to have lunch with a friend, then its on to hunting and foraging for dinner provisions. So, what's for dinner in your world tonight? Hungry Diva wants to know.

Bon appetite!

4 comments:

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Heh heh, they're pretty cool! I'm impressed as usually ours end up a bit odd but yours actually look like what they're supposed to be! Kudos to you, love!
Ciao

Scarlet xoxo

Michele said...

Thank you sooooo much for the award!! :-) I'm very honored!
As for my dinner tonight...well being stuck at work for 13 hours I'm sure that I will just order sushi and have it delivered. I was running so late this morning that I forgot to pack anything.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Thanks, Scarlet! I have fun with the pumpkins - its a good creative outlet! :)

You're most welcome, Michele. I meant to stop by your blog and tell you about it ... but ran out of time this morning. Still no clue what dinner will be! Its that kind of day all around I guess. LOL

Vickie said...

Hi Diva!
Thank you for the award! You are too kind. I am by myself tonight, so I will probably not cook anything special. But Pushing Daisies comes on, so all is well! Pathetic, but true.