- 2 inch sprig of fresh rosemary
- some cubes of ice
- 2 1/2 oz. of good quality tequila
- 1/2 oz. of Cointreau or Triple Sec
- 1 oz. of fresh blood orange juice (or navel orange, lime, meyer lemon)
- 4 oz. POM Wonderful 100% Pure Pomegranate Juice
- some meyer lemon, or lime rounds for garnish
- a sprig of fresh rosemary for garnish
People, I'm going to be honest, this is a stunning combination. It came straight out of my pretty little head last night, though with the enduring popularity of trendy cocktail programs - I can't possibly be the first to have invented it. My strong desire was to mix the drink with some fresh blood orange juice, alas, there were none to be had at my market yesterday. I used an heirloom navel orange and it worked beautifully. Meyer lemon, regular lemon or good old limes would work equally well here too.
I used the meyer lemon for garnish and sprinkled a bit in at the end for good measure. With the anti-oxidant rich pomegranate juice, its practically a health drink! Why not invite Rosemary Pomarita into your home and spend the evening with her? You'll be glad I've made the introduction.