Generally, we cap off the evening's festivities with a good stiff drink. Last night was no exception.
The Tax Collector:
- 1 oz. fresh grapefruit juice
- 1 oz. dry vermouth
- 1 oz. sweet vermouth
- 2 oz. premium vodka
- 2 - 3 dashes Angostura Bitters
- some ginger ale for topping up
- a slice of orange, lime or lemon
- optional - knife for opening veins so that IRS can bleed you dry
Knowing full well the depths of my bitterness, this drink required a bitter base - hence grapefruit juice. You could certainly opt for oj if that is your preference. I'm not going to lie, as written this is an astringent little beverage. It would be lovely served as a summer refresher, on a nice warm day - though it was equally good for taking edge off last night ... when both the mood and the temperature were bitter.
Let's face it, vodka makes everything better - even April 15th!