Thursday, April 9, 2009

Thirsty Thursdays: Mock-tales Edition

Dearest readers, you have my permission to mock me ... for I have failed to design a new and wonderful beverage for your enjoyment this week. Sigh. The simple fact is that this is one of my busiest weeks of the year. So much so that I'm also dubious about my ability to provide content tomorrow too. Though, in the immortal words of Miss Scarlet, I'll think about that ... tomorrow.

My workday yesterday was followed by two late, long meetings and while there was indeed a cocktail ... the recipe is rather pedestrian ...

The Perfect Scotch and Soda:
  • Proceed to your nearest and dearest drinking establishment.
  • Approach the bartender (who used to be on Project Runway) and order a Dewar's and soda.
  • Claim your beverage and head for the nearest available seat.
  • Relax and enjoy, repeat as necessary.
On the other hand, this might just be the easiest recipe I'll ever post. Hang in there with me and I assure you that *next* Thursday's offering will be sure to dazzle!

Let the mocking begin ...

Bon appetit!

5 comments:

Tracy said...

You know, sometimes the best drink is the one someone else makes for you! Cheers!

Astra Libris said...

Diva, I could never mock you... Especially when you posted about chocolate yogurt... and I love your drink photo in this post!! You rock!

Anonymous said...

Diva, I would never mock thee...

However, I must comment on the "Dewars and Soda", I used to drink whisky and water until I was shown the error of my ways. I was once a squadron commander and I happened to be drinking in the BOQ with my adjutant, who just happened to be a young Scot. On the ordering of my traditional whisky & water, he commented... "With respect Sir, there is only one thing you can add to whisky," and on my enquiring look, he continued, "more whisky." I have drunk it straight since that night.

AV

Deb said...

When all else fails go for the familiar!

Tangled Noodle said...

As far I'm concerned, this is a totally legit recipe - I would simply substitute Mr. Noodle for ex-Project Runway contestant-bartender!