Friday, January 23, 2009

Housekeeping: Linkage Edition

First off, a belated and truly heartfelt thanks to The Vintage Kitten for bestowing her Fabblog award on me! Quite chic, isn't it? This means a lot coming from The Vintage Kitten because for my money she has one of the most interesting and stylish blogs around. If you've not been to her site, do have a look - she's funny, talented and altogether delicious. Her photography is quite something too. Kitten and I are of the same ilk ... we're both rule breakers of a sort ... so I'm not going to post any rules about this here either. I will, however, pass my award along to the following individuals:

Food for Laughter, Life, Lightly Salted, Jamjarsuperstar, Uncommon Artistic Endeavors and The Duo Dishes. Enjoy your award and feel free to pass it on, or not, as you see fit. I could have given this to literally all the blogs on my read list ... but that could take days! Frankly I think you're all fabulous. Really!

Earlier in the week, The Duo Dishes tagged me with the Luck and Resolutions Meme, in which you're supposed to list four things that you wish for in the new year and four resolutions. Well, you all know how I feel about resolutions ... but I'll make an exception in this case and offer four food related resolutions for the New Year.

Four Things I Wish for in 2009:
  • Health and happiness for my family, my friends, myself and all my readers.
  • That the economy will make a miraculous recovery and all those who lost jobs in 2008 will find even better jobs in 2009.
  • Peace on Earth - yes, its a bit Polly Anna, but I'm sincere in my wish.
  • More travel, more vacations. This one is contingent upon the husband, of course, but a girl can dream!
Four Food Resolutions for 2009:
  • Form a better relationship with my crock pot. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
  • Continue my exploration of chickpea flour.
  • To try more new restaurants, to branch out instead of sticking with the tried and true.
  • Continue to eat well with an eye toward health, and continue to create new, healthier versions of old favorites.
And there you have it, my slightly off-beat resolutions for 2009. Once again, I'm going to break the rules ... if you're reading this and would like to use it on your own blog - consider yourself tagged and resolve away! No need to make them food related either - that was my change.

So, what are your food resolutions for 2009? Hungry Diva wants to know.

Bon appetite!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

More bean dishes!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good roster of goals - good luck!

Anonymous said...

Good ones Diva! Our food resolutions are already posted, but eating well without regret is at the top. And traveling to awesome places that are known for awesome food!

And thanks for the award mention. :) Much appreciated.

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Ahhh... I see you've given this to JJS and not SCG - well, I'm putting on both anyway because you're a follower of the two!

Thanks honey! You're the best!
Ciao

Scarlet x

Anonymous said...

Great resolutions, Diva!

As for me (since you asked!), I will continue to search for veggies that don't make me gag.

Elizabeth said...

I like your food resolutions! :) Especially the crock pot one, made me smile.

Vickie said...

Hi Diva!
I concur with all of your resolutions except for maybe the chickpea flour. I hope you have a very happy, healthy, and safe year. I am looking forward to all of your new recipes.

Thank you for the award!

Astra Libris said...

I am so honored - thank you SO much for the award! Wow! You are truly too kind! *blushing*

Your wishes for 2009 are all so beautiful... May they all come true...

My food resolution for 09 is to fix more unusual veggies - here's to more veggie variety! :-)

Anonymous said...

Keep on eating beachy and using new recipes. I am trying to be more organized in my search for new recipes and when I find one I note where it is and add the ingredients to my shopping list for the week so I will be able to make it without scrambling for ingredients. I have also resolved to plan meals out better so again I can be sure to have all the ingredients I need when I go to cook. An ambitious undertaking fro someone like me who usually flies by the seat of her pants....

Deb

Deborah Smith said...

If you haven't found your way to "A Year of Crockpotting" it's definitely worth a visit. Great recipes to help you stick with your goals.

The Diva on a Diet said...

Pixelgal - mais oui ... I should have guessed! ;)

Thanks, Dana!

Duo - You're most welcome and I share your desire to eat will without regret. A most worthy goal!

Scarlet - Absolutely put it on both, I was remiss not to do so! xoxoxo

Jeanie - LOL ... but I'm laughing *with* you, of course.

Juliet - thanks ... the crock pot one makes me giggle too. I wonder if I'm even serious? LOL

Vickie - you're most welcome indeed, and I'm wishing the same for you and yours. :)

Astra - I'm really looking forward to your exploration of more unusual veggies. Yum! May all your wishes come true as well and you, too, are most welcome! :)

Deb - great resolutions! I'm a fly by the seat of my pants person too ... for many reasons. But planning and having a well stocked pantry are very worthy goals. Let us know how you do!

JerseyBites - Welcome, and what a great tip, thanks so much for that link ... can't wait to check it out!