Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Merry Christmas!

A Poem for Christmas Eve:

The shopping is finished, the gifts have been wrapped,
the cookies are frosted, why I've even napped!
Its been quiet hectic, my nerves have been frazzled,
the gifts I am giving - I hope they will dazzle!

Its off to the country, this Diva must flee,
to cheer and make merry her dear family.
While I am gone I assure you I'll think -
of all my dear readers and toast you with drink.

This one is quite festive, its pink as can be,
I hope you'll enjoy it ... and have one for me!

Pomegranate Martini:
  • one shot of good quality vodka
  • one shot of pure, natural pomegranate juice
  • tiny splash of orange juice
  • wedge of fresh lime
  • some fresh pomegranate seeds.
  • ice
Chill your martini glass by filling it with some ice cubes and water. While the glass chills, place some ice in a martini shaker and pour the vodka, pomegranate and orange juice into the ice filled shaker and shake well to combine. Remove the ice and water from the glass and place some pomegranate seeds in the bottom of the glass. Pour the shaken martini over the seeds, squeeze the lime into the drink, serve and enjoy ... repeat as necessary!

Don't forget to eat the seeds once you've finished the drink, they are delicious. Cheers!

I hope to return to posting on Monday ... just in time to resume the madness in preparing for my annual New Year's Day Bash. More on that to come, stay tuned.

In the meantime, Diva-cats Zelda and Lucy join me in wishing you a blessed, joyous and wonderful Christmas! May all the gifts of the season - warmth, cheer, peace and goodwill - be yours this holiday and always.

Merry Christmas!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the merriest of Christmases and a very happy new year, Diva!

Anonymous said...

The drink looks mahvelous dahling, have one for me!

I will be wining with something fabulousy red myself.

Looking forward to your return.

Deb

Astra Libris said...

Merry Christmas!! May your holidays be endlessly bright and joyous!

Your kitty cats are SO gorgeous! :-)

Laurie said...

I love pomegranites and martinis! Hope your Christmas was WONDERFUL!

Good luck with your New Year's bash. I can't wait to read all about it.

Sass said...

Looks delish!!!

Miss you, sweetie!!!!

The Diva on a Diet said...

Belated Merry Christmas wishes to one and all! Hope your holiday was merry and bright!

Ours was wonderful as always, and went by very quickly, as always. Now its time to gear up for New Years ... no rest for the weary!

Cheers!