Friday, December 5, 2008

Recipe for Disaster ...

  • Skip dinner, because you spent one million hours on your hair and make-up.
  • Proceed to husband's ultra-festive holiday party and have some scotch.
  • Have a small plate of luscious bread and cheese and pretend its dinner.
  • Partake of the myriad dessert offerings with reckless abandon. (Not really - I just like the way it sounds!)

  • Wash down the tempting treats with a curious mix of grape juice and seltzer. Why? No one knows.
  • Shake hands, meet new people, catch up with known people, engage in shameless self-promotion by handing out Diva cards, receive numerous compliments on your weight loss and generally feel festive.
  • Have more scotch.
  • Forget you even own a watch, forget that you're a light-weight, forget to drink water and stay out until 2am.
As written, this recipe will yield ... death.

Or, at least the eager anticipation of it - and one massive, sugar-induced headache. Don't try this at home. This is one recipe I simply cannot recommend ... except once a year ... then enjoy the hell out of it. ;)

Bon appetite!

7 comments:

HektikLyfe said...

I've never developed a taste for rich folk and foreign desserts. I'm happy with cookies and pies and Ice Cream. The kid in me never matured I guess.

Vickie said...

Hi Diva,
I really enjoy your blog. Go to my blog to pick up a well deserved award!

Anonymous said...

I'm so jealous, a party at Tom Colicchio's restaurant. Hell it's the holidays and if you can't enjoy a party and then make up for it later, well, that's just not living!

Glad you have fun although the hangover that goes with fun is not good.

Deb

Anonymous said...

Death - surely not! Just drink water, take advil and open a bag of chips just before you pop in a cheesy movie. By the time it's over, you'll be ready for a nap. Repeat process weekly = a fun life!

Anonymous said...

The truth is that Death did not come to the Diva. She lived to party again...on Saturday in the burbs here in CT! You're outed my darling Diva! Enjoy the wonders of the season and I'll enjoy watching until next year when I plan on making up for it.

Elizabeth said...

Hahah. I hope you had fun, though! :)

The Diva on a Diet said...

Hektik - Cookies? Yes! Pies? Take 'em or leave 'em. Ice Cream? Make mine chocolate! :)

Vickie - Aw, you're a dear. Thank you so much! :)

Deb - You're right, its not living without the occasional wild night. Cheers! LOL :)

Dana - funny, you described my Friday night exactly, chips and all! Sounds like you speak from experience. ;)

Pixelgal - you're going to have a lot of catching up to do next year! ;)

Juliet - Welcome! And, I sure did! :)