- Proceed to husband's ultra-festive holiday party and have some scotch.
- Have a small plate of luscious bread and cheese and pretend its dinner.
- Partake of the myriad dessert offerings with reckless abandon. (Not really - I just like the way it sounds!)
- Wash down the tempting treats with a curious mix of grape juice and seltzer. Why? No one knows.
- Shake hands, meet new people, catch up with known people, engage in shameless self-promotion by handing out Diva cards, receive numerous compliments on your weight loss and generally feel festive.
- Have more scotch.
- Forget you even own a watch, forget that you're a light-weight, forget to drink water and stay out until 2am.
- Blame Tom Colicchio for everything.
Or, at least the eager anticipation of it - and one massive, sugar-induced headache. Don't try this at home. This is one recipe I simply cannot recommend ... except once a year ... then enjoy the hell out of it. ;)